This season is all about fur!
But let’s get this straight, some of you are okay with wearing real fur and some of you aren’t. What ever you choose to wear, that’s your prerogative. As an individual choice, I choose to not wear real fur.
Let me tell you, this year there are so many cute vests and jackets that you couldn’t even decipher the different between real or faux. Laundry has put out a super chic vest from Shelli Segal: Faux Obmbre Vest, while Topshop has this sexy, sleek jacket that is just fierce.
But there’s more to this season than just fur!
Our next best thing this season is leather! Once again, faux or real, it’s your decision. My favorite pieces are skirts and leggings; they are so sexy and edgy. Leather or pleather leggings can make any outfit look like you’re a rockstar! Pair them with an oversized, chunky sweater and you will look flawless.
You could even add a bright pop of color by choosing a bright lip color. Whether you choose to wear shorts or a skirt, either is adorable. Wear some opaque tights with a soft cashmere sweater will keep your look feminine. If you want to add more funk to your outfit, wear some boots or booties with some leg warmers or knee-highs. The possibilities are endless; so don’t feel silly if you think you’re going overboard. Check out this site for a lot of good tips on leather: Leather Madness.
Let’s not forget on the other spectrum of fashion: How to look fabulous with out spending a million dollars. It’s always good to look around different stores and compare prices with different items. (Especially with expensive items like leather and fur. Even faux fur can get really pricy!) I’ve recently discovered that I can find some really great deals online. There is an infinite amount of discounted websites that have amazing fashions for prices you wouldn’t believe!
Keep in mind that fashion is all about having fun with your wardrobe.
- Mix and match things that you wouldn’t normally DO.
- DON’T be afraid to wear something that looks vintage or old age. It’s really popular this winter.
- DO add lots of fun colors into your look. Some popular colors include: oxblood, emerald green and deep navy blue.
- DO fun accessorizing like changing the color of your nails—add glitter or patterns, wear fun lipstick shades…have fun with it!
- DON’T shy away from wearing fun, bold patterns. Plaid and polka dots are hot this season!
- DO layer your clothing! Not only is it trendy, but will also keep you warm!
- DO wear socks, knee-highs or tights with your boots or booties.
Unsure if what you’re putting together looks fashion forward or a disaster? Take a peek online and look at some different fashion blogs to help guide you. Try to be yourself and individual. Fashion is a way to express your inner creativity, so enjoy!
twoday magazine wants to know: What’s your preference, real or faux? Share your thoughts on our Facebook page.
Follow @twodaymag on Twitter for more updates on fun, fall fashion!
Like Stacie’s latest article for twoday magazine? Check out some of the other great fashion blogs she has written exclusively for us!