Spice things up!
Now that we are in the dead of winter in the Northeast United States, it’s time to snuggle up with your honey. Dig in for the next couple of months (hopefully) and pick your meals carefully. Why? We want to be ready for the spring and summer seasons disrobe. Start the winter off with a hot and cold combination of spicy broccoli soup, paired with the coolness of a delicious chickpea salad.
- One large head of broccoli cut into small bite size pieces
- Two cans of coconut milk
- One stalk of finely diced celery
- One small diced red onion
- 4-medium diced jalapeno peppers
- 2-cups of water
- Kosher salt and course black pepper to taste
- In a large pot combine all of the ingredients and bring to a boil
- Once the soup has reached boiling reduce heat to low and let simmer for 30-minutes (until the broccoli is tender)
- Taste and add kosher salt and pepper to taste
Chickpea Salad Ingredients:
- One can of chickpeas
- Two Roma tomatoes (sliced)
- One small yellow onion (diced)
- ¼ cup of cilantro (optional if you do not like)
- One large cucumber (peeled and diced)
- Kosher salt, coarse pepper, and lime to taste
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl expect for the kosher salt and pepper
- Gently toss and add your
- Add kosher salt, pepper and lime to taste
Don't forget to like twoday magazine on Facebook!
Follow @twodaymag on Twitter for more yummy recipes!
Like this recipe? Check out other fantastic recipes from Steve Bland and don't forget to follow him on Twitter @savasanajuice!